I made this wonderful spring pea soup the other night for a vegetarian shabbat dinner, and people went crazy over it. It tastes and looks like spring (if only the weather would cooperate!) The color of this soup (please, make it with frozen peas) is a beautiful green, and it is fresh and minty and absolutely delicious. Even better…it was really easy to make. Those of us around the table agreed that it would be perfect for a vegetarian seder or Easter dinner.
Ingredients– serves 6-8
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white and light green parts (2 leeks)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 cups organic vegetable stock, not broth
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen peas
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, loosely packed (this is a lot of mint!)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche (optional– for vegans, just leave this out)
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped chives (this is a lot of chives!)
Watch Ina make this recipe (using chicken stock)
Don’t miss out on any BA50 stories!
Click here to subscribe.
Originally posted 2017-04-03 13:40:31.